Friday 4 September 2015

Out with Mama

Today my host mom and I went to the bank. Of course ,just like with all mom's, one stop turned into ten stops. This was actually nice because it gave me a chance to get to know my city better. One our way home we parked in the middle of the street again. Ana told me to wait a minute so I sat in the car trying to read the Spanish words on the buildings around me. All of the sudden the my door (of the car) opened. It was a teenage looking girl approaching me. I didn't know what to do so I just let her hug me making sure that my purse wasn't in the car and that I was holding my phone tightly. This was a little bit of a scary surprise because I didn't know who is was or why she was getting into my car. She introduced herself to me as Flor's (Flor is my sister who is on exchange in Brazil) cousin. This was a major relief! She was not trying to steal anything or kidnap me, she was just coming to say hello. How nice of her :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment