Wednesday 2 September 2015

Hiding from the dog

This is Allan the pitbull. When I tried to take a picture of his sister he wasn't very happy and tried to run after me. I have now locked myself in my bedroom. I don't know how to tell the parents that I accidentally let the dog in the house. The rules about Allan are:
Don't touch 
Don't look 
Don't speak (to him) 
Well I guess I looked at him and now he doesn't like me. His sister has an interesting name I cannot pronounce. She is very friendly. I can touch and look and speak to her. But I still don't have a photo of her. 

Now that I am locked in my room I may as well tell you about it. It is painted white and purple but has no windows. If I go upstairs I have a huge closet. It has 3 doors. The first leads to my brothers bedroom (he is away at university), the second to the kitchen and the 3rd to the bathroom. Because there is no windows it can be very dark and silent. This makes it very easy to fall asleep but hard to wake up. I need to start setting an alarm. A four hour time change doesn't sound like much but when waking up at 10 means waking up at 6 it seems like you don't get very much sleep. I am trying not to spend time in my room, but yesterday I slept a lot.  Yesterday I also went to my first Rotary meeting which was very long. It was a good thing I had Nuria to keep me company. Even though communication is limited it, we seem to make lots of jokes and laugh a lot! Hopefully soon I will be able to show you more pictures, I would love to take some of the house right now but I'm still hiding from the dog. Today my host dad Miguel and I drove around San Nicolas. I took a paper and pen to write down different words that I could learn. He showed me where was dangerous and where was safe. He made those areas very clear which was good. My school is only 2 blocks from my house which is very convenient. I have much more to tell you but I think my mom and I are going somewhere now. I'm really not sure. 
See you later 
~ Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment