Tuesday 1 December 2015

New goals!

One of the biggest satisfactions of exchange is people telling me they love Canadian people when I'm the only Canadian they've ever met, or that they want to visit Canada after meeting me. It makes me realize how much of an influence I have on their views of my country and my people. One of my dear friends asked me "is everyone in Canada like you?" I replied "what do you mean?" He said "well, you are just so nice and friendly!" I couldn't help but smile and give everyone around me hugs because it just hit me so hard. One of my other friends has been thinking of going on exchange but isn't sure, the more time I spend around him the more I realize he would be a perfect exchange student. My new goal is to make him fall in love with exchange just like I did. I know I'm the best person for this job (not to toot my own horn). I know this because exchange students themselves were the ones to make me fall in love with exchange before I got to expirence it. Let's just say that now I'm head over heals in a way I can't describe.  As an exchange student I know that I hold more power than anyone else to do this and I really want to use it to the best of my ability! 
I hope to make Rotary proud with this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment