Wednesday 13 April 2016

Mar del Tuyú day 2

Mar Del Tuyu day 2

Last night the lights went off because  there was a big storm with lots of lighting. At least we are assuming this was the reason for it. In the middle of the night I felt a little tap on my bed, then all of the sudden I was being cuddled my the dog. Now I wasn't going to kick her out. I was way too tired and she is way to cute. She started at my back and ended at my knees. When I woke up the little traitor was sleeping with Clement! It turns out she went for a morning walk first so I guess she didn't just move beds. Anyways, we woke up and drank very odd peach yogurt and ate more Dulce de leche snacks, then we played a game where we play music and the other person has to guess the song. We were waiting for our host dad to come back so we can prepare lunch. 

Our host dad ended up having car troubles.. Again.. So we prepared and ate the food without him. The pasta was a little undercooked but it was ok. Then we drove to a really nice beach but the wind was horrible so we left in a hurry and went to another. Now usually I'm pretty good at finding the fun spots in the waves where you can ride them with ease. Unfortunately after a while I got to a bad spot and got trampled by a major wave. Of course as I came up gasping for air much further down the beach when another wave hit me pulling me further and further away from the family.  This happened three times. I was just trying to keep my bathing suit on my body and eventually stand up. My family saw me halfway down the beach flapping like a whale in the sand trying to get up and they all burst out in laughter. (I already can imagine my parents back home knowing this is something only I can pull off) We drank terere, ate more dulce de leche snacks. Later we got this really cool milk shake that was banana and dulce de leche flavour. It was delicious!!! We went for another walk and saw the banana boats being pulled by jet skis. The host parents told us that one of these days we will do that and we were very excited! There were also many suffers and since I've been dying to learn how to surf I asked how much it costs to rent a board and everything. The only problem was if you didn't have previous experience surfing than you need an instructor and I didn't bring enough money to pay for one. Right now I'm a bit stuck with money. It's difficult because we only receive 650 pesos and every day if you want to do anything where it's going "camping" or going out dancing at night it's at least 100 pesos and almost always more. For example I was invited to got to a really nice spot tomorrow but it's 300 pesos for the day. I have a big bus trip to pay for soon so I can't take money out of the bank right now. I guess Argentina is teaching me some serious budgeting skills. Anyways, the city where this beach was, was beautiful! I would have loved to live there! The houses are stunning and very close to the beach. At around 7 we went back to Mar de Tuyu, bought empanadas and had a lovely dinner with great conversation! Lots of laughs! The boys went to buy empanadas while the mom and I stayed home to set the table and wash the bathing suits. Mine happens to be full of sand that won't come out from being bashed around in the waves. The boys only had to go to the corner so we though they would only be 15 minutes max. 40 minutes later they return because there were no empanadas so the lady had to make them some right there and then. We also took showers the only thing is that there isn't really a hot water tank so the first person that showers gets warm water and everyone else takes freezing cold showers even if you wait the 20 minutes. I have taken the quickest showers of my life here barely getting the shampoo and conditioner out of my hair because it's just so cold! 
So far this has been the best trip in of my stay in Argentina.. Especially since there hasn't been many others.. My city (San Nicolas) seems to be isolated or our host families just don't have money to take us anywhere. At least I have good friends to keep me company. I'm already really enjoying this family who will one day become my third host family. 
There is no wifi here so we are totally disconnected this week which is kinda refreshing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment