Wednesday 11 November 2015

Happy Remembrance Day Canada!

I hope you all wore your poppies today and took your moment of silence to remember and honour those who have served and are serving for us and the freedom of our beautiful country. 

Now here's a recap on what's been happening. 

I decided to make dinner one night for my friends and family.
Sometimes I had to improvise...
And some of them didn't turn out.. 
I cooked for 2 days to make enough. 
There was some measuring problems. I guess my conversations weren't spot on.
Not all the ingredients were the same either.. 
 Even though my food tasted horrible, everyone lied to me and told it was yummy. 
I also made Creme de la sucre (a Canadian dessert) but it turned rock hard. 

I offered to order pizza but my firends were really good sports about it! 

Just so you guys know this is my favourite tea that I drink almost everyday... (I think I may have already told you this) 

Now here comes a fun part! I was driving with my host-parents and host-brother to Rosario to drop off Léo (my brother). If you don't already know that is where he goes to university. (And I wasn't driving! My host parents were! I'm a good exchange student! I'm not breaking rules!) 
So we are driving along and I see this and start screaming "giant duck!" Because that is the translation in Spanish. 
He was just sitting there on the side of the road.
Yes they call peacocks giant chickens. But seriously how rare is that! And to think my host parents asked me if I wanted to stay home! 
Of course I made my host dad pull over so I could jump out of the truck to take some pictures as the giant chicken ran away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment