Saturday 17 October 2015

French, fiesta, food

Sorry for not updating very often. 
Anyways,
Our French class when to Rosario for a field trip. We ran around the city visiting things that had noting to do with French class at all... Except the French embassy. It was super fun, we even took a group nap in the park.
This was part of the group being very hungry at McDonald's! 
The bus ride home from this was the best. I'm sure the rest of the bus hated us for being so loud and laughing so much. 

I can finally kinda understand school. Some of my teachers have been giving me special work to help me improve my Spanish. 
Speaking of school we have a "Fiesta de los colores" or party of the colours. There are four colours. Red, blue, green and yellow. We compete in many sports, like volleyball, hand ball and soccer. But also some that you wouldn't expect like tug of war, gymnastics and this thing that I don't know what it's called in English but I'll just call it dance. I believe I will be participating in all of these sports except the dancing one because everyone already knows the routine and has a place in it (probably a good thing since I'm very clumsy). Anyways I'm not the yellow team and very excited to see how things go!

One day, my Abuela (grandma) had her birthday. Since she turned 80 we had a nice party with all the family from various towns in Argentina and ate a lot! 
This is the cake and this is my host dad wearing a princess crown at the party. My family is always making jokes, very similar to my families back in Canada! 
Mostly what I've been up to is just simply living. Getting to know more people, hanging out with my friends, eating and spending time with the family.

Here are some bonus pictures that I took just because they are pretty :) 


1 comment: