Wednesday 13 April 2016

Mar Del Tuyú day 1

Today we arrived in Mar Del Tuyu. 

I woke up at 4:30 am to be ready for 5 am when my third host family was supposed to pick me up. Of course this is Argentina so they were 15-20 minutes late. I didn't mind because it gave me more time to eat more cereal. Unfortunately last night i couldn't get any sleep, it was crazy hot even with the fan and I left my window open so I was swarmed by mosquitoes. I was notified when i got in the car that this was going to be a six hour drive. I was so tired but I couldn't sleep. I got to see the amazingly beautiful coloured sun rise. Before I continue I should probably tell who is all on this trip. Yesterday my soon to be host sister and her boyfriend already got to the beach house and today it is my host parents, Clement the Frenchie and I on our way to meet up with them. Hours later, with Dulce de leche snacks (absolutely delicious by the way)  we, of course, have car troubles.
(Dulce de leche snacks^^) 
By this point in the day I was dying of heat and trying so hard to sleep since I was so tired. I got some winks in but it was really too hot to sleep comfortably. Because of our unexpected car troubles, our 6 hour trip turned into a 9 hour trip. Either way we got here at 3 pm. My sister and her boyfriend with stay in the house next door while my host parents in one room and Clement and I in the other. We have a sick living arrangement! Even though the house is very small we have 2 bunk beds all to ourselves. We both decided to put our belonging on the top and to sleep on the bottom. We call ourselves cell mates because with the bunk beds, Clement's hat and him playing the harmonica, it kind of reminds us of a nice prison.
Soon after arriving we went for a quick drive to get some groceries to make sandwiches. Next we hit the beach! Our house is one of the closest ones which is awesome! We set up and ate our sandwiches and then went straight into the water. Even though the water was quite dirty it was still really fun splashing and jumping through waves!
We had a great time! Clement and I raced in the waves and I tried to get him to go out further were the waves were more fun. He was a little nervous at first but I used the "your only in Argentina once" line and he finally got out of his comfort zone and admitted I was right, the waves were much more fun where I was. The French boy was the whitest person on the beach and needed a lot of sunscreen! It was hilarious to see everyone looking at him so strangely. Something rare started to happen, the whole beach started clapping. We saw a life guard caring a little girl and learnt that when someone is lost everyone starts clapping to notify the others and to find the family. It was a very interesting strategy and something I've never seen before. The rest of the family wanted to take a little break and sit down so we went walking down the beach to see what we could find. We found some drummers and comedians but mostly just good conversation and funny games. Next we decided to play paleta which is kind of like beach tennis. Unfortunately this game got us covered in sand. I decided to go back in the water a second time with my host sister and it was really fun! We spent the whole time laughing and getting knocked over my waves. We came back to our umbrella and everyone sat down to eat the corn on the cob that we bought right there on the beach! It started to get quite windy and cold after that so we slowly made our way back up to the beach house and took turns taking freezing cold showers. At least we got the sticky sand off our bodies. The rest of the night we spent chilling on our bunk beds talking and listening to music. Look at the dog! Clement says she looks like a sock! Her name is Venecia.  
They fell asleep together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment